The Saint-Cyr church
You are looking for a beautiful church in the center of Issoudun for prayers or thanksgiving. Go to meet the biblical truth with the church Saint-Cyr. It has magnificent stained glass buildings and renovated. A real historical monument that dates back to the 15th century.
Mass not far from the hotel in Issoudun
The church Saint-Cyr Issoudun is a Christian church located in the territory of France. It is located in the department of Indre on the territory of the commune of Issoudun in the Champagne region of Berry. Once in the Saint Cyr church in the Center-Val de Loire region, you will be carried away by the mass but also by its extraordinary architecture. The Catholic worship that takes place in this parish church attracts an incredible number of faithful. It is attached to the Archdiocese of Bourges. The construction of this church dates back to the 15th century. Its geographical coordinates are 46 ° 56 '54 "North and 1 ° 59' 32" East.
A historical monument near the hotel in Issoudun
This building was classified as a historic monument in 1930. The classification of the building took place August 2, 1930. It was listed in the order of historical monuments of France October 8, 1931. Charlemagne is designated as the creator of this wonder. In 1356, this church was burned by English fighters. The English troops indeed during the ride of the Black Prince reduced it to ashes. The side walls in exterior elevation are punctuated by so-called deadly windows. The church is dominated by a cross resting on its gable at the level of the facade. The bell tower is independent of the church building even if it revives the architecture of the church. The predominant material is concrete. This monument has been for years an attraction for many holidaymakers who come from all over for a stay in the region. You just have to take a hotel in Issoudun to see the building as much as possible and follow the mass.
A continuous renovation
The parish church Saint-Cyr was destroyed during the Hundred Years wars. It has been partially rebuilt by the construction of the axial bay with an estimated height of 15 meters. It took some time before renovating the Notre-Dame chapel located near the south side of the building. The church was rebuilt in the 19th century by order of Father Jules Chevalier. This Archpriest of Issoudun undertook great works in his time. He had the nave rebuilt entirely and the western facade having two towers was completed. The bell tower was laid in 1930 above the north portal. Old stained glass windows have been renovated to restore the choir of the building. Eighteen ornamental glass windows were introduced into architecture in the second half of the 19th century. The design of this church has been revised to attract not only the faithful but also the tourists who flock to this area.
Discover all the benefits of this church in one click. To learn more, just contact us here.